Welcome Armory Hoarders, Reach Trait Chasers, and Hyped-up-Rollers,
With patch 11.12 we’ll be delivering new avenues of play, new win conditions, and mechanic updates that’ll keep things fresh and fun. We’ll be doing all this by adding several reach traits, restocking the Armory with more powerful items, and updating our loot orbs. On top of all that, this patch brings the Skyglass Origins event with free rewards for all starting the 16th!
Rodger "MinionsRpeople2" Caudill
It’s time to fight back, but how?
- Assemble the missing Skyglass pieces, starting June 15th and ending July 7th 8am PST.
- This can be done across 15 total missions, each tied to a piece of the Skyglass.
- Earn free rewards for completing missions, with the initial missions providing 10 Star Shards each, and the last three granting a Magical Misfits Little Legends egg and two emotes.
- More details here!
URF Dowsie isn’t needed to stunt on your opponent, but oh my, it sure helps.
- Skyglass Eggs are coming to TFT at 390RP (2.99 Mobile)
- Our least expensive eggs yet are for players looking to get any Little Legend from launch to Spirit Blossom. Eggs are also available in bundles.
- For the hardcore collectors, Skyglass Eggs have a chance to drop URF Dowsie, our first Mythic tier Little Legend.
- More details here!
- From the TFT lobby, you can click your portrait to switch between your current Little Legend’s icon and your Summoner icon.
Loots familiar… New consumables have been added as rare drops from loot orbs
- Reforger: Use to reroll items into other items of the same evil/vanilla variant and same tier (completed/uncompleted as well as emblems).
- It’s unnatural: Force of Nature and Force of Darkness cannot be rerolled.
- Magnetic Remover: Use to remove items equipped to a champion.
The Armory will appear more frequently, and feature more powerful and varied items. We’re hoping this will encourage flexible play by reducing the consistency of cookie-cutter item combos, and allow for more decisive plays such as adjusting your team composition to fit an item. Say you see a Hellion Emblem in the Armory and are already running Lulu as a Mystic. Picking that Emblem and splashing Hellion 3 will allow you to utilize the full power of those fiery rats.
To create moments for adaptation and variety, we’re also adding more items. To counteract an item overflow, we are removing the 4-2 Armory.
- 3-2 Armory (Changed): 2 Regular Components ⇒ 1 Shadow, 1 Regular
- 4-2 Armory (Removed): Removing the 4-2 Armory to prevent against forcing builds and an overabundance of items.
- Armory Frequency: Starting on Stage 4, the Second Round of each Stage (4-2, 5-2, 6-2, etc.) has a chance to have an additional Armory. These will have a variety of options including: Consumables (Reforger, Neeko’s, Magnetic Remover, and Loaded Dice), Spatulas, Item Components (Bow, Sword, etc.), Combined Items (Bloodthirster, Riskthirster, etc.), and Emblems (Completed Spatula Items).
- Later stage drops are more powerful. A Stage 6+ Armory will no longer offer item components, and later Stage armories can offer Emblems for traits that you are playing.
- Hyper Roll Armory: A bonus Armory can appear on 5-2, 7-2, 9-2, etc.
- Hyper Roll Basic Armory rounds have been shuffled slightly to accommodate the newly stocked Armory.
Critical Strike Damage
Why Change Crit: With Reckoning we set out to reduce percent damage increases. The multiplicative power of items like the old Fates Hand of Justice made it a core item on too many champions, creating a narrow and stale itemization path. In Reckoning, critical strike has taken the throne as the new king of damage multipliers, leading to a similar situation where items like Infinity Edge and Jeweled Gauntlet are far too dominant on far too many champions.
Our Goal: This change represents an overall nerf to all crit-related effects in the game, a change that should allow for more offensive item diversity, more damage consistency, and more elegant balance solutions in the future for attackers and casters that have previously been reliant on the crits from Jeweled Gauntlet and Infinity Edge builds.
- Base Critical Strike Damage: 150% ⇒ 130%
Several new Reach Trait tiers have been added. They’re a bit reachy, but also quite powerful.
- Dragonslayer 6: Now offers Dragonslayers 140 Ability Power and teammates 100 Ability Power
- Ironclad 4: Allies gain 180 Armor
- Renewer 6: Renewers Heal for 10% of their maximum Health each second, and at full Health, they restore 10% of their Mana instead.
- Revenant 4: Revenants will revive with 75% of max Health.
- Spellweaver 6: Spellweavers have 80 increased Ability Power and are granted an additional 8 Ability Power Per Cast, stacking up to 10 times.
- Skirmisher 9: Skirmishers gain a shield equal to 60% of their max Health at the start of combat, and 10 bonus Attack Damage per second.
Viktor has rebuilt the Monstrosity so it no longer behaves like a backline Assassin; it’s bulking season for this below-ground body-builder.
In patch 11.10 we fixed a Dawnbringers bug that prevented them from properly dying to large instances of damage even when their healing effect had yet to trigger. As patches have unfolded, Dawnbringers have been experiencing more sunsets than intended. Instead of bringing back the bug, we’re giving Dawnbringers some more damage to bring when their healing occurs.
- Cavalier Damage Reduction: Damage Reduction: 20/30/35% ⇒ 20/25/30%
- The Monstrosity now stops charging after slamming into two targets.
- The Monstrosity now removes Attack Speed Slows and AD Reduction effects when he casts his spell.
- Monstrosity Armor/Magic Resist: 40/50/60 ⇒ 40/60/75
- Monstrosity Attack Damage: 100/160/220 ⇒ 90/150/200
- Monstrosity Bonus AD: 10/16/22 ⇒ 9/15/20
- Dawnbringer Bonus Damage: 10% ⇒ 12%
- Redeemed Armor/ Magic Resist/ Ability Power: 30/50/70 ⇒ 30/60/90
- Skirmisher Max Health Shield: 20/40/60% ⇒ 25/40/60%
- Lissandra 1000 Daggers Primary Damage: 250/300/400 ⇒ 280/330/450
- Lissandra 1000 Daggers Secondary Damage: 125/150/200 ⇒ 140/165/225
- Vayne Silver Bolts Damage: 65/90/140 ⇒ 70/100/140
- Vladimir Max Mana Buff: 0/85 ⇒ 0/80
Brand with Blue Buff had a weird bug that triggered things like Archangel’s and Sacrificial Gauntlet twice even though he was only casting once. To fix this, we increased his Mana lock, which will also double as a slight nerf. With Blue Buff he'll still only have to attack once between casts like he did in 11.11, but he'll wait slightly longer before his next cast.
Ethereal Chains? More like Perennial Chains. For this stop in the notes, LeBlanc’s being moved into a utility role. This’ll help complement the Assassin comps that have plenty of damage carries, and make her feel more helpful as a support Coven. LeBlanc support viable?
- Brand Mana Lock after casting: 1 ⇒ 1.5 seconds
- Hecarim Spirit of Dread now correctly scales with Ability Power
- Hecarim Spirit of Dread Damage: 450/600/1200 ⇒ 250/350/500
- Hecarim Spirit of Dread Healing: 300/400/800 ⇒ 250/350/500
- LeBlanc Ethereal Chain Damage: 200/250/500 ⇒ 100/150/250
- LeBlanc Ethereal Chain Stun Duration: 2 ⇒ 1.5/2/2.5 seconds
- LeBlanc Health: 550 ⇒ 600
- Nautilus Attack Damage: 65 ⇒ 80
- Nautilus Anchor Slam Damage: 150/250/700 ⇒ 200/300/750
- Sejuani Attack Damage: 45 ⇒ 65
- Thresh Attack Damage: 55 ⇒ 75
True to her roots, Zyra will cast her spell at the same time as before, but will now be able to cast again sooner. This will allow her to trigger things like Spellweaver and Archangel’s faster and allow her to grow into her utility role more clearly. To ensure she’s not becoming an unwanted weed, we’re pruning her damage at 1 and 2 stars.
- Katarina Sinister Blade Primary Damage: 200/250/450 ⇒ 200/250/420
- Katarina Sinister Blade Secondary Damage: 100/125/225 ⇒ 100/125/210
- Riven Blade of the Dawn Attack Damage Bonus: 90/100/150% ⇒ 90/100/130%
- Riven Attack Damage: 90 ⇒ 85
- Nunu Max Mana Nerf: 0/70 ⇒ 0/75
- Zyra Max Mana Buff: 60/120 ⇒ 40/100
- Zyra Grasping Roots Damage: 250/350/700 ⇒ 200/325/700
Jax may not need a weapon, but he needs a helping hand. Karma’s caught it bad with Blue Buff. It’s time to call her by her name, and give her a change that she deserves. With these changes Karma joins our twenty other Mana units that all attack once between casts with Blue Buff.
- Aphelios Max Mana Buff: 0/100 ⇒ 0/90
- Jax Empowered Strike Bonus Attack Speed: 20/25/60% ⇒ 30/35/100%
- Karma Mana Lock: 1.25 ⇒ 1.5 seconds.
- Karma Max Mana Buff: 0/60 ⇒ 0/50
- Karma Mana Reduction Per Cast: 20/20/40 ⇒ 15/15/30
- Karma Soulflare Damage: 200/250/600 ⇒ 240/300/700
- Vel’koz Attack Speed: 0.65 ⇒ 0.75
- Kayle Divine Ascent 3rd Ascension Attacks per Immunity: 7 ⇒ 10
We’ve adjusted the way Sacrificial Gauntlet accepts sacrifices in order to allow repeat casters like Brand, Karma, and Katarina to build it. Also, we’ve renamed Vengeful Trap Claw and my submissions of “Best Friend Claw” and “Friendly Fiend Claw” were coldly rejected.
- Archangel's Staff Mana Ratio: 40% ⇒ 45%
- Archdemon’s Staff of Immortality Mana Ratio: 350% ⇒ 400%
- Bloodthirster Lifesteal: 40% ⇒ 33%
- Riskthirster Self Damage: 33% ⇒ 25% of max Health
- Hand of Justice Attack Damage and Ability Power: 40 ⇒ 45
- Ionic Spark Magic Resist Shred: 40% ⇒ 50%
- Sacrificial Gauntlet Self Damage: 15% of max Health ⇒ 100% of max Mana multiplied by Star Level
- Titan’s Revenge Damage: 25% ⇒ 20% of pre-mitigation damage taken
- Vengeful Trap Claw has been renamed to Banshee’s Claw
- Brand’s cast no longer counts twice towards on-cast effects such as Archangel’s Staff and Shadow Jeweled Gauntlet
- Hecarim’s Spirit of Dread now correctly scales with Ability Power
- Vel’Koz will now find a new target for his Lifeform Disintegration Ray if his current target becomes untargetable (Guardian Angel, Revenant)
- Stick em with the pointy end: Pantheon will now face his new combat target with Aegis Assault if his current target becomes untargetable (Guardian Angel, Revenant)
- Damage ticks from Pantheon’s Aegis Assault can now properly critically strike and be dodged
- re-Steeling the credit: Rell is now properly credited for her shielding in the Shields & Healing chart
- No longer chasing thunder: Units should no longer attempt to chase Kennen if he dashes very far away
- Fixed a rare Kindred bug where Wolf would get stuck in Lamb