On 22 July 2021, starting from 03:30 AM (GMT +8), ranked queues will be disabled in preparation for patch 11.15. At 05:00 AM (GMT +8), the servers will be shut down and all games currently in progress will end in a draw and stats will not be recorded. We estimate the battlegrounds to be prepped and ready by 08:00 AM (GMT +8).
Saddle up Sentinels, welcome to 11.15!
Nothing too wild here— we’re continuing to drop early sustain in a few places, then buffing up champions in places that are a little spicy and a lot fun (Blitz! Kennen! Xayah!). We’ve also got balance changes and updates for Ultimate Spellbook, including the addition of a certain rock’s ult.
Add in a Sentinel with a glorious smile and a chain warden’s skin (literally) and you’ve got the gist of it!
We’ll see ya in the next one.
Take this portal to the TFT patch notes where Dawn of Heroes, our mid-set full of Sentinels has begun!
We've heard your feedback on the slow progression rate in the Rise of the Sentinels in-client narrative experience. Starting with the next chapter of Rise of the Sentinels, we're adding a new, infinitely repeatable mission that awards extra Sentinels points just for playing a game. Including base TFT.
Note: Since we're doing this mid-event, the missions are hidden, but the faster rate of progress should be immediately noticeable.
Q damage ratio decreased.
The small pyromaniac and her bear are taking over Skilled play! Annie does well versus short-range characters, which are her more common match-ups, so we’re lowering her upfront burst damage and lane harass.
Q - Disintegrate
Q cooldown increased.
Aurelion Sol is toeing the line in Elite play, and he’s finally put his claw right over it. Slowing him down accordingly.
Q - Starsurge
Base armor and Q damage increased.
Blitz has been cranking out pretty low lethality in the early/mid game. Considering he’s got a flashy fist, it should feel more rewarding when it actually hits. To polish him off, we’re also giving him a thicker metal skin.
Q - Rocket Grab
Q damage ratio increased later.
The Sheriff of Piltover could use some encouragement getting on over to the current marksman meta. She’s been finding success with Q-max builds, so we’re adding more incentive by boosting its scaling.
Q - Piltover Peacemaker
E base empowered damage increased.
Cassiopeia used to be a lane bully, but over the years, her gameplay has become farming patiently through the early game until she scales up to a point where she’s able to dish out the damage. With this change, she’ll be more able to press an advantage when she lands her Q in the early laning phase.
E - Twin Fang
E bonus attack speed decreased early.
Equipped with raw stat power and a big ol’ pair of scissors, it’s a little too easy for Gwen to snip back at even the toughest of opponents. We’re looking to sharpen her intended weakness by tapping down the speed of her slashes from level 1.
E - Skip ‘n Slash
W damage ratio decreased; damage reduction decreased later.
After a good visit in 11.14’s patch notes, Irelia’s ended up on the strong side but in a much better position to balance moving forward. We’ll be watching to see where she lands longterm, but for now, we’re limiting the power on her W.
W - Defiant Dance
Base magic resist decreased.
In mid lane, Kayle’s a safe pick who can reliably
standfly her ground until she hits her power spike. Reducing her magic resist from the get-go should give opponents more opportunities to punish her vulnerable early game.
Q damage increased.
Struggling across the board, Kennen’s been out of sight for a while now. We’re upping his main ability to feel more like a strike from a storm rather than a sting.
Q - Thundering Shuriken
W cooldown decreased; stored post-mitigation damage from damage dealt increased.
The Iron Revenant’s been having trouble standing up to the current fighters in top lane, so we’re passing him more durability to help him hold his own in lane and overall throughout the game.
W - Indestructible
Base health and health growth increased.
Nidalee is known for being fierce, but as of late, her performance across all levels of play has been anything but. With more health, she should be less afraid to bring out the cougar against her prey, and should also help her feel more accessible to players who are just picking her up.
W cooldown decreased.
Rell is a champion who brings disruption and fury to her foes, especially when she’s able to pull out her full combo in extended fights, but she’s been weak across all levels of play. We’re reverting her 11.5 nerf so that she’ll be able to crash down on her opponents, tough out the fight, and mount up—and be able to do it all over again.
W - Ferromancy
Various Rumble heat system bugfixes and other QoL adjustments!
We’re addressing some frustrating bugs around Rumble’s Overheated system that were left from our changes in patch 11.13. These fixes should even out some abnormalities and help players feel more in control of Tristy.
Passive - Junkyard Titan
E - Electro Harpoon
Q cooldown decreased early; damage ratios increased.
Shyvana could use more oomph in her one point wonder, so we're buffing her Q to help her clear speeds and let her really dig her teeth into her enemies. We're also adding in some AP compensation so that both her builds can benefit equally.
Q - Twin Bite
Q detonation damage increased. W heal decreased.
Sylas is a versatile dueler who does what he does a little too well—healing his way through fights, often swinging the battle to his advantage, often catching his opponents off guard. Although sustain is an important part of his kit, enemies should be able to find some kink in his armor. We’re moving some of his sustain power over to his chains so that he doesn’t swing fights as hard, but can still find success when he lands his less-reliable abilities.
Q - Chain Lash
W - Kingslayer
Q cost decreased early.
Syndra’s 10.13 mana nerf was intended to bring her down in Pro play, but it was only somewhat effective, while also causing painful detriment to her early game. Now that she’s much less present in Pro, we’re reverting the change and will find another tactic if she poses a problem in the future.
Q - Dark Sphere
E cooldown increased.
With all his tools to keep his friends alive, Thresh is one of the best at peeling enemies off of otherwise vulnerable allies. Recently, he’s been dominating Pro play, so we’re curbing his power by targeting his E’s uptime.
E - Flay
Q base damage decreased; bonus damage against monsters increased; healing from damage against marked minions decreased.
Despite his last visit to the patch notes in 11.13, Viego’s continued to be a popular pick in all his roles. We’re taking another pass by targeting his solo lane power and compensating with additional monster damage in the hopes he’ll end up in a more balanced state long-term .
Q - Blade of the Ruined King
Base health regen decreased.
Wukong’s able to stay healthy in lane, even after taking a beating. We’re lowering his sustain so that while he remains a strong duelist, he’ll need more time to lick his wounds.
R cooldown decreased.
Xayah’s been dragging behind the rest of the flock. Some spice should really let her feathers fly.
R - Featherstorm
Hullbreaker could use some help as the game reaches later phases of the game. We’re giving more durability for anyone who’s hunting alone.
Ulternate Summoner Spell Pool
Ulternate Summoner Buffs
Ulternate Summoner Nerfs
Bugfixes and More
- Stealth champions can now get stealth Ulternate Summoners offered to them
- Clones will now properly copy health bar icons, including the Ulternate Summoner icon. This fix applies more broadly as well (e.g. Omnistone will now properly copy its icon over).
- First Blood gold now correctly matches the classic Summoner’s Rift value (150 gold ⇒ 100 gold)
- Dragon Soul’s revive now triggers after champion revives
- Fixed a bug where the announcement text for stealing a Ruined Dragon was incorrect
- Volibear will no longer sometimes spit out missiles from his Ulternate Summoner when trying to bite
- Matchmaking for the Ultimate Spellbook queue has been reseeded! This means that your matches should now be with players of a more equal skill level. This fix happened in the middle of the last patch, but we believe it’s worth a callout here.
And into the third split of Ranked we go on Sunday, August 8 at 11:59 PM local time for your region! Bop your way to the top with exclusive rewards: an Akshan summoner icon, Akshan emotes, and a Series 1 Eternals Capsule.
- Recall sound effects now play for base Nautilus, Abyssal Nautilus, Subterranean Nautilus, Subterranean Nautilus, AstronNautilus, and Worldbreaker Nautilus
- Fixed a bug on Kayn’s E SFX where it made a popping noise when it looped
- Kayn’s global transformation SFX will now play for both allies and enemies
- Odyssey Kayn’s dance music is now form specific
- Kayn’s W on hit SFX is now form-specific
- Base Kayn’s recall SFX is now form-specific
- Kayn’s transformation SFX is now stereo for the local player
- Fixed a bug where Lillia's Q - Blooming Blows movement speed did not scale off of AP from runes
- Nocturne's Passive - Umbra Blades' now correctly heals for the full amount against pets
- Illaoi’s Q - Tentacle Smash’s animation no longer locks if she inputs another command right after casting the ability
- Shaco's Q - Deceive's orange smoke VFX now correctly appears from the enemy’s point of view when cast through fog of war
- Kled and all his skins have one of his W voice lines restored
- Marauder Kled now correctly switches between his mounted and unmounted voice lines
- Viego will now respond to Shadow Isles voice interactions rather than Demacian
- Zoe's taunt voice lines for Ezreal and Lux have been restored
- True Damage Senna's unique skin voice lines have been restored