Welcome to the Dawn of Heroes!
Alright heroes! I hope you're early risers, cause itís dawn and we got a host of new traits, champions, and mechanics to dive into! So grab your favorite Radiant Item cause I reckoní itís time to put the Black Mist to rest and embark on a whole new quest! Thereís just so much to uncover with Dawn of Heroes, like all the rewards you can earn with the Reckoning Pass II and Reckoning Pass+ II, all the new mechanics , and who could forget about the new champions and traits. And even after all that writing, and all your reading (youíre very good at it btw), weíve got more to share! So to help you, these notes will serve as another breakdown, with cosmetics and new stuff at the top, and changed/returning stuff at the bottom.
Letís venture forth!
Rodger "MinionsRpeople2" Caudill
Hereís a quick reference sheet with the updated roster for Dawn of Heroes! This beautiful sheet was made by our wonderful friend who goes by the name of Artist!
Artist even made one for the new Radiant Items, which are stronger versions of our regular items that weíll talk more about later. Thanks Artist!
The Fearless Fellowship has arrived!
The Fellowship assembles! No longer hiding in the ground, Ironclad Molediver joined the Fellowship to put their melee skills to the test. Whether it's protecting their loot, their lute, or their friends, Draconic Umbraís in it to declare what is theirs! With this team of adventurers assembling, Verdant Fuwa knew theyíd be safer with the healthful skills ofÖ Fuwa!
Order prevails! Order Molediver knows that they can dig themself out of any situation, but if they stumble, Order Fuwa is sure to have the best oinkment for their remedy. But some things canít be remedied, like Order Umbraís obsession with gold. Itís okay though, Order Umbra insists they will donate it all to poros in needÖ one day.
Maybe Chaos is more your style? Chaos Molediver once tried to go undercover to sabotage the Fellowship. Too bad the Fellowship saw them for the Mole they are. Chaos Umbra claims they only harm those who attempt to steal whatís theirs, but what isnít theirs? Speaking of harmÖ I wouldn't talk about bacon around Chaos Fuwa.
While the Fearless Fellowship are out on adventures and quests, High Noon Squinkís out takiní bounties.
You wanna know more about these particular Squinks? Well, to start off, itís hard not gettiní on High Noon Squinkís bad side... cause every side is bad-to-the-tentacle. Order Squinkís a kind soul, but thereís a reason they have so many boots and spurs. Cactus Squink, well, theyíre the sharpest shooter in town. And if you thought that was corny, just wait till ya meet Kernel Squink, cause surely theyíll butter you up before they make ya go POP! Finally, thereís Outlaw Squink, you better stay clear oí them when the clock tolls, but you should stay clear when it donít too.
Dawn of Heroes has two interactive arenas available in bundles and on their own. See whatís cooking at the Golden Bakery, or kick your feet up at the High Noon Saloon.
The Reckoning Pass II works like prior passes; accumulate XP for free rewards. But, for even MORE rewards, you can purchase the Pass+ II for 1295RP. With the Reckoning Pass+ II, you can gain access to personalization features that are only available in this set. This includes: Little Legends, booms, arenas, and more.
And hereís what the Reckoning Pass+ II adventurers can achieve:
- Emotes: The Kindest Cut, Surprise!!!, Amused and Confused, and more!
- Booms to celebrate your victories: Jagged Path, Abyssal Chasm, Soul Siphon, Shattered Heart
- Star Shards to star-up your favorite Little Legends
- LL Eggs: Fearless Fellowship eggs and more!
- Arenas: Journeyís Beginning, Desert Path, and Dankest Dungeon
- Exclusive Little Legends: Order Pengu at one and two stars, and Order Sprite!
Reckoning Pass+ II Arena Bundle
Heroic Adventurer Bundle
Fearless Fellowship Bundle
Dawn of Heroes Megabundle
The Sentinels are struggling in their fight against Viego. Those LoL players can't handle the Black Mist without us, so it's time to recruit players with a pension for tactics...Teamfight Tactics.
Starting this patch there'll be an infinitely repeating mission that awards Sentinels points for playing games, including games of TFT. And you don't even have to run the Sentinel trait.
Note: Since we're doing this mid-event, the missions are hidden, but the faster rate of progress should be immediately noticeable.
- NEW MISSION: Play 1 PVP matchmade game of Summoner's Rift, ARAM, Ultimate Spellbook, or Teamfight Tactics (excluding Hyper Roll) to earn 600 Rise of the Sentinels points. This mission can be repeated infinitely. It won't appear in your Missions log.
- ACTIVATES: With Chapter III of Rise of the Sentinels this week
Grandmaster and Challenger Ranked: Let the Race of Heroes Begin!
Just like Festival of Beasts, Grandmaster and Challenger are unlocked immediately, allowing for the true zero-to-hero competition. Challenger and Grandmaster are still limited to the top accounts on each server, but players must have at least 200 LP in Master to reach Grandmaster, and at least 500 LP in Grandmaster to reach Challenger. Good luck gettiní your name placed right under mine!
Reckoning Ranked Stage II begins this patch!
- Your rank has been "soft" reset down one tier below your current standings. For example, if you are currently in Gold II you will now be in Silver II.
- If you are very good at this game and currently placed in Master or above, you will be reset to Diamond 4.
- You will get five provisional matches after the reset, meaning you will not lose any LP for sub-top-four placements in your first five ranked games of the new stage. Youíll also gain some extra LP for finishing top four, so best of luck!
- Ranked rewards for the first half of Reckoning will be distributed in patch 11.16 for those Shadow Item enthusiasts who made it to Gold or higher.
Hyper Roll Tiers
- Emote rewards will be earned for players that reach Blue, Purple, and Hyper tier before patch 11.15.
- Hyper Roll tiers will not be hard reset. Instead, anyone at Blue or higher will go to the bottom of Blue.
- The rewards for Hyper Roll will come in patch 11.16 alongside the rest of the ranked rewards for the first half of Reckoning.
Thanks to an incredibly good looking author we already have a deep dive article on the new mechanics, but Iíll add a short summary below for your convenience cause Iím so humble and nice.
With Shadow Items gone, we have an all new set of extremely powerful items, Radiant Items!
- Radiant Items are more powerful versions of regular items that should alter your win condition based on the one you choose.
- Choose one Radiant Item from five choices at the 3-6 Armory. Youíll only get one, so choose wisely!
Itís time to bless this mess.
- The Divine Blessing drops when your Little Legend dips below 40 health.
- The Divine Blessing grants a high amount of immediate value, offering a combination of the following: items (components), gold (moves everything around me), consumables, Spatula, champions
- All players will get the same essential content in their Blessing. We are all equally blessed in the eyes of URF.
Tome of Traits
The newest consumable to hit the books, I mean orbs, can allow you to make Viego into a Sentinel or Lucian into a Forgotten. Just imagine where reading can take you? At least to the end of this sentence.
- The Tome has a chance of dropping from the Divine Blessing, but you may also find some books to ìborrowî from PvE encounters. Who knew those Krugs were so literate?
- The Tome of Traits can be sold to bring up a shop of four emblems to choose from. These emblems can be for any trait, including ones that canít be built by Spatulas. Thatís just the magic of a good book!
Removing the 4 gold low roll start. Adding more variety to high rolls with the addition of the Tome of Traits.
- Lowered the average number of bonus orbs slightly
- Increased Small Orbs Average Value: 2.54 ⇒ 3gold
- Small Orbs containing two 1-cost champs ⇒ three 1-cost champs
- Small Orbs containing one 2-cost champ ⇒ one 2-cost champ + 1 Gold
- Small Orbs containing 2 Gold ⇒ 3 Gold
- Medium Orbs Average Value: 5.72 ⇒ 5.6 gold
- Medium Orbs now have a chance to contain 3-cost + 2-cost drop
- Medium Orbs containing Neeko + 2-cost champ ⇒ Neeko + 2-cost champ + 1g
- Gold Orbs can now drop the Tome of Traits
- Gold Orbs containing Spatula and Neekoís Help drop rate lowered slightly
- Minimum items received is now 10 components + 1 Radiant Item after the 4-7 Raptor Round.
We increased the odds of the 4-2 Armory to 100% but pulled back from 5-2 to compensate. The removal of components from 5-2 is our way of saying, ìRaptors will be the last place to get components.î
- 2-2 Armory is now 2 standard components
- 3-2 is moved to 3-6 and is now 5 Radiant Items
- 4-2 Armory is now guaranteed, as either 2 components, 3 components, or 3 components + 1 special item.
- 5-2 Armory is slightly less likely, and will never contain components.
- 6-2 and 7-2 Armories are unchanged.
- Stage 5 Carousel can now sometimes contain Componentless (unbuildable) Emblems
- Stage 6+ Carousels can now sometimes be all full items
- Stage 6+ Carousels can now sometimes contain Componentless (unbuildable) Emblems
Itís an odd change. Thereís one less 3-cost in the set.
- 58 total Champions ⇒ 57 total Champions
- 5 sec added to planning timers in the following Stages: 3-1, 5-2, 6-2, 6-3
- Gold income in Stage 7: 6 gold ⇒ 8 gold
- Gold income in Stage 8 and onward: 6 gold ⇒ 9 gold
- 4-1 Armory is likely but not guaranteed and offers either 3 components or 3 components + 1 special item
- 5-2 Armory is now 5 Radiant Items
- 6-3 Armory is likely if there is no Armory on 4-1 and has the same offer structure as 4-1
- Other armories are unchanged
The information below will give you a good idea of the new champions and traits in Dawn of Heroes, but for more information, I recommend heading to one of the sites listed below, my new champions and traits article, or your favorite content creator (hi friends!).
Locked and loaded on every fifth shot, Cannoneer champions deal a percent of that shot's damage in an explosion around the target as physical damage. Hereís whoís packing the heat:
- Senna: Tier 1 Sentinel
- Tristana: Tier 2 Hellion
- Miss Fortune: Tier 3 Forgotten
- Lucian: Tier 4 Sentinel
At start of combat, the Sentinel with the highest Health gains a shield that grants Attack Speed each time it is applied. When the shield is destroyed or expires, it will pass to the ally with the lowest percent Health. Both the shield and the Attack Speed bonus will increase as you recruit more Sentinels.
- Olaf: Tier 1 Skirmisher
- Senna: Tier 1 Cannoneer
- Irelia: Tier 2 Legionnaire, Skirmisher
- Pyke: Tier 2 Assassin
- Rakan: Tier 3 Renewer
- Galio: Tier 4 Draconic, Knight
- Lucian: Tier 4 Cannoneer
- Akshan: Tier 5 Ranger
At the start of combat, Inanimate champions summon Hallowed Mist that seeps through their surrounding 1 hexes for a few seconds, granting all allies within damage reduction from enemies outside of the mist.
- Gwen: Tier 5 Mystic
When a Victorious champion scores a kill, their next attack is empowered to deal 40% of the target's missing Health as bonus magic damage.
- Garen: Tier 5 Dawnbringer, Knight
Debuting for the first time in TFT, Fiddlesticks replaces Ryze as an Abomination/Mystic, but also extends the Revenant trait tree!
- Fiddlesticks: Tier 4 Abomination, Mystic, Revenant
No witchcraft can rejuvenate these slayed traits.
These champs are so last set. Wish I could say theyíd be mist.
The Monstrosity is now less of an Assassin, and more of a beefcake. With Shadow Items gone, Forgotten champions are more likely to remember victorious combats than old set mechanics.
- Abomination REWORKED: The Monstrosityís Health and AD increases by 20% each Stage, starting from: Abomination 3: Stage 3, Abomination 4: Stage 4, Abomination 5: Stage 5
- Ally Deaths Required for the Monstrosity to emerge: 3 ⇒ 2
- The Monstrosity now deals 150/200/250 magic damage in the area where it stops charging
- The Monstrosity Enrage Lifesteal: 40% ⇒ 60%
- The Monstrosity Enrage Lifesteal no longer scales off of AP
- The Monstrosity EnrageDuration: 3 ⇒ 5 seconds
- The Monstrosity Armor & MR: 40/65/75 ⇒ 40/50/60
- The Monstrosity Health: 1000/1600/2200 ⇒ 1000/1400/1800
- The Monstrosity Attack Damage: 100/140/180 ⇒ 70/80/90
- The Monstrosity Health Per Star Level: 100/160/220 ⇒ 100/140/180
- The Monstrosity Attack Damage Per Star Level: 10/14/18 ⇒ 7/8/9
- Forgotten REWORKED: (2/4/6/8) Forgotten champions gain bonus Attack Damage & Ability Power. Each victorious combat they participate in increases the bonus by 10%, stacking up to 5 times.
With traits becoming more difficult (or easier) to hit at different breaking points, we have to make sure that each trait tier feels as powerful as it is difficult to achieve. For example, Nightbringer 8 is now incredibly hard to hit, requiring what are now componentless emblems, while also losing out on Darius. To match the difficulty of achieving Nightbringer 8, weíre making it feel like a true high-roll moment by almost doubling its power! TLDR, Nightbringer 8 should feel like a first, but trying to hit it might end up too hard to achieve.
- Assassin Critical Strike Chance: 10/30/60 ⇒ 20/40/75%
- Assassin Critical Strike Damage: 25/55/90 ⇒ 30/50/70%
- Brawler 6 added, Health: 400/1000/1600
- Dawnbringer Max Health Heal: 30/60/90/130% ⇒ 30/55/80/120%
- Dawnbringer Healing Ticks: 10/20/25/30 ⇒ 10/15/20/25
- Dawnbringer damage amp per proc: 12% ⇒ 10%
- Draconic Average Value of 3 trait eggs: 3.25g ⇒ 3.14g
- Draconic Average Value of 5 trait golden eggs: 9.25g ⇒ 7g
- Hellion is now (2/4/6/8), Attack Speed changed to: 5/30/75/150%
- Ironclad Armor: 35/85/170 ⇒ 30/70/125
- Mystic 5 added, Magic Resist: 40/100/200 ⇒ 40/80/150/250
- Nightbringer Shield max Health scaling: 30/60/90/140 ⇒ 30/60/100/250
- Nightbringer Bonus Damage: 20/30/40/50% ⇒> 20/30/40/80%
- Ranger 6 added, Attack Speed: 75/180/400
- Redeemed AP/Armor/MR: 30/55/95 ⇒ 20/35/75
- Revenant 5 added, Revive with 10/25/45/70% Health, taking and dealing 25% more damage upon revival
- Skirmisher Shield Max Health Scaling: 25/45/75% ⇒ 20/40/100%
- Skirmisher bonus Attack Damage each second: 3/6/12 ⇒ 3/5/15
- Spellweaver Starting Ability Power: 25/55/85% ⇒ 25/55/100%
- Spellweaver Ability Power per Stack: 2/5/8 ⇒ 2/5/10
Radiant Items and the multiplicative tankiness they provide make super tanks (Garen, Hecarim, Leona, etc.) impossible to kill. This hurts the viability of front-to-back comps and takes too much time out of URFís day. Expect to see nerfs for many of our tanks below.
- Aatrox Armor and Magic Resist: 30 ⇒ 35
- Leona Mana nerf: 0/60 ⇒ 0/80
- Leona Solar Barrier Damage Reduction: 30/60/250 ⇒ 30/50/200
Beat it like a dead horse, or a pop song. Same diff. Alright MinionsRpeople2, simmer down.
- Hecarim Max Mana nerf: 40/90 ⇒ 75/125
- Hecarim Spirit of Dread Damage: 250/350/500 ⇒ 200/400/600
- Hecarim Spirit of Dread Healing: 250/350/500 ⇒ 350/350/350
- Sejuani is now a Brawler in addition to her other traits (Nightbringer, Brawler, Cavalier). \
- Sejuani Fury of the North bonus Armor and Magic Resistance: 100/150/300 ⇒ 80/125/250
- Syndra Health: 550 ⇒ 600
- Syndraís grabbed units with Force of Will are now untargetable
- Syndra Force of Will Damage: 300/400/600 ⇒ 250/350/600
- Varus Health: 550 ⇒ 600
With Draconic 5 being easier to hit (thanks Galio!), weíre shipping nerfs to champions that were already strong before the trait was this easy to play. Nocturne is now the reroll carry for Assassin with his pals LeBlanc and Katarina now out of the picture. Hereís a nice AttackSpeed buff to keep your blender-fender-bender-offender up and runniní.
- Ashe Attack Damage: 65 ⇒ 60
- Ashe Mana nerf: 50/90 ⇒ 50/100
- Ashe Enchanted Arrow Damage: 300/450/750 ⇒ 300/450/650
- Ashe is no longer Verdant
- Lulu Attack Speed: 0.6 ⇒ 0.7
- Nunu Mana Adjustment: 0/75 ⇒ 30/90
- Zyra Grasping Roots Damage: 200/350/650 ⇒ 200/300/575
- Zyra Grasping Roots Stun Duration: 2/2.5/3 ⇒ 1.5/2/2.5 sec
- Aphelios Attack Damage: 75 ⇒ 65
- Aphelios Max Mana nerf: 0/90 ⇒ 0/150
- Aphelios Dark Vigil Attack Damage Scaling: 140/150/180% ⇒ 350/375/475%
- Aphelios Dark Vigil Base Damage: 125/150/300 ⇒ 150/200/400
- Aphelios Dark Vigil Number of Targets: 4/4/8 ⇒ 5/5/10
- Diana Health: 650 ⇒ 750
- Diana Attack Damage: 55 ⇒ 75
- Diana Attack Speed: 0.65 ⇒ 0.7
- Diana Mana buff: 80/160 ⇒ 70/140
- Diana Moonfall Damage: 250/350/1500 ⇒ 300/450/2000
- Diana is no longer a Dragonslayer (*looks at buffs above* she still slayiní tho)
- Jax Health: 900 ⇒ 1000
- Karma Soulflare Damage: 225/280/700 ⇒ 210/260/700
- Vel'koz Health: 650 ⇒ 700
- Garen God-King ⇒ Victorious
- Garen Mana nerf: 40/100 ⇒ 100/180
- Garen God-Lion's Justice max Health percentage Damage: 20/25/200% ⇒ 25/30/200%
- Garen God-Lion's Justice Shield Max Health Percent: 35/45/200% ⇒ 40/55/200%
- Garen God-Lion's Justice Shield Duration: 4 ⇒ 5 seconds
- Heimerdinger Upgrade!!! Damage: 500/650/7777 ⇒ 450/600/3333
- Kayle Ascension 1 True Damage: 90/100/1000% ⇒ 80/90/1000%
- Kayle is no longer Verdant
- Teemo Starting Mana buff: 0/60 ⇒ 30/60
- Teemoís doppelhellion can now trigger Cruelís passive. Itís a cruel, cruel, world.
With Shadow items gone we swapped around some of the Emblems because it was more fun. Cause who doesnít want to see Olaf as a Hellion/Cavalier?
- Hellion Emblem can now be made with a Bow and Spatula (previously Legionnaire Emblem)
- Cavalier Emblem can now be made with a Vest and Spatula (previously Ironclad Emblem)
- Chalice of Power Ability Power: 25 ⇒ 30
- Dragonís Claw REWORKED: Grants 200 bonus Magic Resist (including components). On being hit by magic or true damage from an Ability, launch a fireball at the Ability's caster that deals magic damage equal to 30% of their max Health (1 second cooldown).
- Hand of Justice REWORKED: The holder gains both of the following: +10 AD and +10 AP and Attacks/Abilities heal for 10% of the damage dealt. At the start of each planning phase, one of these buffs is increased to 40(%).
- Infinity Edge ADDED EFFECT: Now also grants +10% Critical Strike Damage
- Titanís Resolve REWORKED: Stacks are now granted on attack rather than on crit. Attack Damage and Ability Power per Stack: 3 ⇒ 2
- Trap Claw renamed to Bansheeís Claw
- Bansheeís Claw REWORKED: When combat begins, the holder and all allies within 1 hex(es) in the same row gain a shield that blocks the first enemy Ability. No longer Unique
- Zekeís Herald Attack Speed: 25% ⇒ 30%
- They got the jump on me: Assassins will now properly jump slightly before other units move
- Tastes like fear: Teemoís doppelhellion can now trigger the Cruel trait
- Not quite resolute: Fixed an issue where Titanís Resolve could lose its stacks or stop stacking mid combat
- Sobriety test: Gragasís Drunken Rage no longer ignores Bansheeís Claw
- Now Iím angry: Sejuaniís Fury of the North now properly deals damage to targets that are CC immune