Welcome back Adventurers!
There’s lots happening in patch 11.17. Make way 3-cost carries, cause we’re opening up some space for more 4 and 5-cost champs to ensure reroll strategies and late-game carries all have their place in the meta. Speaking of meta, we’ve got reworks for the Sentinel and Spellweaver traits, that with some tinkering are sure to make big impact. Also, don’t forget about the 11.16 Mid-Patch Updates where we brought down the nerf hammer on your favorite small, yet not-so-innocent, Yordles. Let’s get to it!
Rodger "MinionsRpeople2" Caudill
Having a Spatula drop early can feel like a low-roll when you’re focused on figuring out the best possible way to build your comp around the item components given. Spatulas are supposed to feel like rare golden moments, so we’re restoring their high-roll appeal by no longer counting them as an item component that contributes to the 10 minimum by Raptors.
- Spatulas no longer count as an item component toward your expected component drops. They only appear in bonus orbs.
As a reminder, the large changes are those that we expect to impact the meta most.
Last patch we nerfed a variation of the Sentinel comp that was over-performing by keeping Galio at 1-star and having the Sentinel buff start on Lucian/Akshan. While this build was over-performing, the more intuitive Sentinel builds were struggling. With the Sentinel mini-rework here, we allow players to decide who the buff starts on with the matching, or mismatching, of items. But guaranteeing the buff to start on your preferred carry is a huge buff that we’ll keep in check with some updated numbers.
While Spellweaver has been performing ‘fine’ this set, it’s the type of ‘fine’ you get when you ask someone how they’re doing, all the while they’re really just cosplaying as a version of Rabadon’s Deathcap. With this rework we’re leaning into the stacking fantasy that’ll encourage interesting uses for the Spellweaver Emblem, which now has no CAP—fam.
- REWORKED: Sentinel buff now starts on the Sentinel with the most items. If multiple Sentinels have the same number of items, the Sentinel with the highest Attack Speed starts with the buff.
- Sentinel Attack Speed: 25/120/1000% ⇒ 25/90/500%
- Sentinel Shield Value: 200/1000/2000 ⇒ 175/900/2000
- Skirmisher Attack Damage per second: 3/6/15 ⇒ 3/8/16
- REWORKED: Spellweaver stacks no longer have a cap
- Spellweaver base Ability Power: 25/55/100 ⇒ 15/35/70
- Spellweaver Ability Power per stack: 2/5/10 ⇒ 2/4/10
Champions: Tier 3
3-cost carries are overperforming compared to 4-costs and even some 5-costs, so we’re bringing the main offenders down, while also balancing some of the 1-star versions of these units that drop from orbs in early PVE rounds allowing for free win-streaks.
- Lee Sin Health: 850 ⇒ 800
- Lee Sin Cripple Damage: 250/350/650 ⇒ 200/350/600
- Nidalee Aspect of the Cougar transformation Dodge Chance: 45% ⇒ 40%
- Nidalee Aspect of the Cougar transformation bonus Attack Speed: 40/50/75 ⇒ 30/50/70%
- Rakan Gleaming Quill Damage: 350/500/900 ⇒ 350/500/800
- Rakan Gleaming Quill missing Health healing: 35/50/80% ⇒ 35/50/70%
- Riven Health: 850 ⇒ 800
- Riven Attack Damage: 80 ⇒ 75
- Riven Blade of the Dawn bonus Attack Damage: 90/100/120% ⇒ 90/100/110%
- Riven Blade of the Dawn Damage: 100/200/500 ⇒ 100/200/300
- Yasuo Attack Speed: 0.95 ⇒ 0.9
- Yasuo Burning Blade Damage: 250/350/600 ⇒ 250/350/550
- Yasuo Burning Blade stacking True Damage: 25/35/60 ⇒ 25/35/55
Champions: Tier 4
Draven is near where he should be, so we expect this small buff to have a major impact in pushing Draven comps into Draaaaven comps.
- Draven Attack Speed: 0.75 ⇒ 0.8
Champions: Tier 5
1-star Viego is very impactful in late game fights, but he's getting his corruptions off too easily, too often, and with too few items or active traits. This change significantly decreases his damage so that he'll need some commitment to reliably steal units. Without items, Viego will still be the strong CC unit you know and love/hate, but to steal your heart, or that of an enemy champion, you’ll need to commit to empowering him. But your dedication will pay off, as now the champions he steals will contribute more to fights with slower decaying health. As for 2-star Viego, he’ll still deal enough damage to corrupt his target, but it will take a bit more time.
Gwen’s seamed sew-sew since release. We’re weaving in some extra base damage into her three rapid snips, so take the buff and triple it.
Looks like Kayle’s back on the menu health-nuts.
- Gwen Skip 'n Slash Damage: 100/150/1777 ⇒ 125/200/2222
- Heimerdinger Attack Speed: 0.75 ⇒ 0.7
- Heimerdinger max Mana nerf: 0/140 ⇒ 0/160
- Kayle Health: 650 ⇒ 800
- Kayle Attack Speed: 1.1 ⇒ 1.15
- Viego Sovereign's Domination Damage increase per second: 100% ⇒ 50%
- Viego Sovereign's Domination Damage: 180/300/1500 ⇒ 180/360/2000
- Viego Sovereign's Domination stolen champion Health decay: 15/7/0% ⇒ 10/5/0%
We’re giving Giant Slayer an overall buff by making it better in a wider array of cases. This is also a brand awareness buff for TFT esports.
- Giant Slayer bonus damage Health threshold: 1750 ⇒ 1600
- Giant Slayer Damage Scaling: 10% ⇒ 20%
- Giant Slayer High Damage Scaling: 75% ⇒ 70%
Small, like the chances of me going eighth.
With careful construction, Abomination 3 has been, at times, outperforming Frankenstien enthusiasts going for the full Abom 5. That was a literary reference for all of you still thinking Frankenstein is the name of the monster when it’s actually the name of the author—duh.
- Abomination Monstrosity Armor and Magic Resist: 40/50/60 ⇒ 30/45/60
- Abomination Monstrosity Base Attack Damage: 70/80/90 ⇒ 70/80/100
- Abomination Monstrosity Attack Damage Per Star Level: 7/8/9 ⇒ 7/8/10
- Legionnaire Attack Speed: 25/65/120/250 ⇒ 25/75/135/250
- Redeemed Armor & MR: 20/35/75 ⇒ 20/35/70
Champions: Tier 1
A small buff that hopefully doesn’t go in vayne.
- Vayne Attack Damage: 35 ⇒ 40
- Ziggs Arcane Bomb Damage: 250/375/525 ⇒ 250/375/550
Champions: Tier 2
- Kennen Attack Speed: 0.7 ⇒ 0.65
- Pyke Attack Speed: 0.6 ⇒ 0.65
- Sett Health: 750 ⇒ 800
- Soraka Attack Speed: 0.6 ⇒ 0.65
Champions: Tier 3
- Ashe Health: 550 ⇒ 600
- Lux Attack Speed: 0.6 ⇒ 0.65
- Miss Fortune Make It Rain Damage: 250/375/700 ⇒ 250/375/600
- Nocturne Umbra Blades Base Damage: 70/85/110 ⇒ 80/90/100
Champions: Tier 4
What do you call a group of crows? Don’t worry, Fid will still do that with an item or two.
- Fiddlesticks Crowstorm Damage per second: 175/225/600 ⇒ 150/200/600
- Karma Soulflare Damage: 225/280/750 ⇒ 230/290/750
- Vel’Koz Max Mana nerf: 0/80 ⇒ 0/90
Champions: Tier 5
With our Sentinel changes we are preemptively nerfing Akshan, who will greatly benefit from starting with the Sentinel buff at the start of each round. Better to be proactive, than have to scramble for a reAkshan to an overpowered champ.
As Mortdog’s first community led nerf, Imkilroy’s requested Volibear nerf ended up aligning with our data, which showed the champ more than bearly overperforming most other 5-costs. So instead of shipping a teeny-memey nerf, we gave the Thousand-Pierced bear, one more piercing.
- Akshan Attack Speed: 1.1 ⇒ 1.0
- Garen Mana adjustment: 100/170 ⇒ 80/160
- Garen’s Victorious Trait missing health damage: 40% ⇒ 50%
- Teemo’s Cruelty spell Damage: 130/160/666 ⇒ 120/160/666
- Teemo’s Cruel Trait now activates more quickly and reliably
- Teemo’s Cruel Trait can now occur more than once per combat, allowing Teemo to eat both the final enemy Champion and the Doppelhellion/Voidspawn that it spawns
- Volibear Health: 1100 ⇒ 1000
- Dvarapala Stoneplate Radiant Bonus max Health Regen: 2% ⇒ 3%
- Gargoyle Stoneplate Armor and Magic Resist per target: 18 ⇒ 20
- Hextech Gunblade excess healing max Shield: 300 ⇒ 400
We’re placing your TFT match history in a more accessible tab on the client in addition to its classic location on your Profile tab. Enjoy more places to show off your winning match history! Totally no eighths here.
- Match History now appears as a tab in the TFT hub near your Battle Pass
- Daisy-ied and Confused: Ivern’s tooltip now shows Daisy’s damage and stun duration
- Eggscellent: Fixed an issue where a Draconic (3), 3 turn egg dropped 1 more gold than intended
- Charity case: Chalice of Charity spell vamp no longer has reduced effectiveness on AOE abilities
- Till death we part: Aatrox will now heal himself even if his ability’s target dies mid-animation
- Don’t let them take it from you: Units affected by both Frozen Heart of Gold and another Attack Speed slow will now properly shed the Frozen Heart of Gold debuff when leaving its radius
- Cullminated: Lucian’s ability is now properly interrupted by Lulu’s polymorph