On 12 May 2022, starting from 03:30 AM (GMT +8), ranked queues will be disabled in preparation for patch 12.9. At 05:00 AM (GMT +8), the servers will be shut down and all games currently in progress will end in a draw and stats will not be recorded. We estimate the battlegrounds to be prepped and ready by 08:00 AM (GMT +8).
NEW CHALLENGES APPROACH! Itís time for patch 12.9, and with it the launch of our brand new Challenges system. Complete them to prove that you really are the best of the best!
Make sure to brace yourselves for more axes and rocks because the mid-scope updates for Olaf and Taliyah go live this patch! Other challenges weíll be tackling in this edition of Patch Notes include zombies running into towers, capitalist chem-baron monopolies, foxes dashing around the Rift, a not-so-jolly mustachioed man, and cowboys rootiní, tootiní, and (by god?) shootiní in my Ranked games.
Make sure to follow the Mid-Season Invitational in Busan where Group Stage will be kicking off on May 10! Weíll also be releasing the EDG skinline in celebration of their 2021 World Championship win!
Looking for more challenges? Well, hit the Convergence where Dragon Eggs are shaking things up right before Dragonlands. Read about it in the TFT patch notes here!
5/13/2022 Taliyah Bugfix and ARURF Balance Changes
ARURF Balance Changes
5/11/2022 Update & Bugfixes
Challenges track your overall progress within League across a ton of categories. Build your legacy through over 300 unique Challenges that celebrate the champs you've mained, modes you've conquered, plays you've made, stuff you've collected, and more.
Show off the Challenges youíre most proud of with Titles and Token. You can see how you measure up in your region with regional leaderboardsónow you can finally hit Challenger in something.
No matter how you play, there's a Challenge for you. Learn more about how Challenges work in our full rundown.
Mid-scope update, all abilities adjusted.
Despite Olafís popularity in Pro, heís been one of the least mained champions in League for a while now. The flexibility of Ragnarok as an engage or escape and his fast clear speeds make him the ultimate example of a champ that walks the fine line between OP in Pro and ì...mehî in all other levels of play.
With this mid-scope update, weíre aiming to shift some of his power away from his clear speed and into tools that will help players feel stronger and in more control of Olafís survivability as he rides the edge of disaster at low health. These changes should not only help better define Olafís identity as a Berserker, but also allow him to take a new place as a viable top laner.
Passive - Berserker Rage
Q - Undertow
W - Tough It Out
R - Ragnarok
Mid-scope update, all abilities adjusted.
Get ready to rock and roam because the one and only Stoneweaver is ready to rumble (the ground). Taliyah has been struggling to find footing on the Rift, not only in mid, but in the jungle as wellónot to mention the mechanical complexity and punishing nature of her kit.
For Taliyahís update, we really wanted to focus on making her more fun (especially for players whoíve been playing her frequently), reviving her presence in mid, and increasing the amount of forgiveness in her kit. Weíre hoping these changes shake things up and give her a clean slate to start anew!
Passive - Rock Surfing
Q - Threaded Volley
W - Seismic Shove
E - Unraveled Earth
R - Weaverís Wall
- Fixed a bug where Taliyah would sometimes lose her passive permanently if she had a spell shield active
- Fixed a bug where Taliyah would sometimes not get reduced cooldown on her Q - Threaded Volley when cast on Worked Ground
E cooldown increased. R cooldown increased at all ranks.
Ahri's been getting a lot of play time since her update. She's incredibly consistent at making picks and assassinating carries, all while remaining relatively safe and just out of reach. We're lowering the uptime on her CC and dashes to add more thrill to the chase.
E - Charm
R - Spirit Rush
Passive cooldown decreased late. E damage reduction increased.
Everyoneís favorite Poro Protector has been feeling a little left out in the cold recently. Weíre hoping to bring a smile back to his glorious mustache (and his porosí faces) by beefing up his protective power.
Passive - Concussive Blows
E - Unbreakable
Q AD scaling increased. W cooldown decreased.
Hecarim is hecc'in weak after the last set of nerfs targeted at his tank build. We're helping him get his hooves back in the game (while being careful to avoid reintroducing his one-shot E build) by buffing his item scaling and increasing the horsepower behind his key survivability skill to more evenly distribute his power across his kit. These should help Hecarim find a more stable place in todayís meta without turning him into a pseudo-assassin race horse.
Q - Rampage
W - Spirit of Dread
R bonus attack speed reduced.
The Wuju Bladesman has gotten a little too fast at killing his enemies, especially in late game. We're reducing his DPS scaling to slow him down and give his foes a chance to keep up.
R - Highlander
Base health reduced.
Nidalee's been catching prey left and right with her recently increased spell output, especially at higher levels of play. We're bringing down her early dueling power so she doesn't get such an easy NidaÖlead.
Passive grey health conversion increased. Q mana cost increased, mana refund increased, now refunds mana upon hitting an enemy champion. R cooldown decreased, ìYour Cutî opportunities reduced.
Pyke's been a little
boneskewed toward mid ever since his changes long ago in Season 9, so we're reverting them to bring the Bloodwater Ripper back to bot lane. We're also adjusting some other parts of his kit to further tune him toward the unconventional support he is. Kills (and bags) secured.
Passive - Gift of the Drowned Ones
Q - Bone Skewer
R - Death From Below
Base armor decreased. Passive damage decreased.
Renata Glasc is on her way to monopolizing bot lane at all levels of play, and business is really starting to boom in Elite. She's been getting a bit too much value
propout of her passive, whereas her return on investment for damage-oriented support items has been relatively low. These small adjustments toward AP item scaling should help balance and diversify her build portfolio.
Passive - Leverage
Health and AD growth increased. W base damage increased, cooldown increased early and decreased late. R base damage increased.
Renekton has largely disappeared from Pro after the fighter item changes in 12.3. We're looking to add some scaling back so he feels a bit better as the game progresses. We're also reducing the gap between his W and E second max builds since that choice leads to some serious win rate losses in Average play. You heard it here first, crocs are back in fashion.
W - Ruthless Predator
R - Dominus
W damage against monsters decreased.
Rengarís changes in 12.7 helped this kitty adapt a little too well to the outdoors to the point where heís now the top cat in the jungle. We're reverting a buff to his clear (and that buff only) to otherwise leave him as is.
W - Battle Roar
- Fixed a bug where Rengarís empowered abilities and W - Battle Roarís heal would sometimes play through the Fog of War
W damage tick rate decreased.
Weíre introducing some small quality of life changes and a batch of bugfixes to help fan Shyvanaís flames.
W - Burnout
E - Flame Breath
- Fixed a bug where Shyvanaís Q - Twin Bite would not attack player-created targets (like Teemoís Mushrooms or Illaoiís Tentacles) twice
- Fixed a bug where Shyvanaís Q - Twin Biteís second attack would not deal damage if the enemy was running away from her
- Fixed a bug where Shyvanaís W - Burnout VFX were not correctly displaying when inside of Mordekaiserís R - Death Realm
Undead Sion's Passive damage against structures reduced.
Sion's been a bit too glorious in death. Although "inting Sion" had a good run, we believe it isn't a sustainable direction for him or League in the long term. Taking down towers by split pushing should certainly be doable even while behind, but when the strat requires repeatedly dying, itís not very fun for all parties involved. We're nerfing undead Sion's split pushing power in order to restore some balance to his circle of life.
Passive - Glory in Death
Passive AP and Bonus Armor per Soul increased. W shield strength scaling with Souls increased.
What is the value of a soul? (Currently, not very muchÖ ) Thresh has fallen off quite a bit, particularly in Average and Skilled play, so we're increasing his scaling power by making it more worthwhile to collect the essence of the dead. Gotta catch 'em all.
Passive - Damnation
W - Dark Passage
Passive attack speed gained on minion and champion kills increased. W magic damage on-hit increased.
Varus has been relatively weak since his Lethality nerfs last season. We're buffing his on-hit builds back up to make his vengeance viable again.
Passive - Living Vengeance
W - Blighted Quiver
Hullbreaker is an important tool for empowering split pushing, but when rushed as a first item, its bounty-ful bonus resists can invalidate laning and lead to unpleasant experiences. We still think it's a valuable addition to the game since, unlike past split push items like Zz'Rot, Hullbreaker requires champions to stay in the lane theyíre split pushing. So we're nerfing its early game potency.
- Fixed a bug where Swainís old ability descriptions were displaying in the Champion Details Page
- Fixed a bug where Swain could reactivate his E - Nevermove to pull enemies closer to him even if they had cleansed the Root effect
- Fixed a bug where Rengar could still deal damage with his Q - Savagery when blinded by Teemoís Q - Blinding Dart
- Fixed a bug where Chaos (Red) side inhibitors would display blue icons when selected
- Fixed a bug where Kayleís movement and attack VO lines were not playing correctly while Ascended
- Fixed a bug where Eliseís W - Volatile Spiderling was ignoring Baron and not exploding
- Fixed a bug where Nocturneís R - Paranoia VO line would play louder than intended if players had visibility of more than 1 champion affected by nearsightedness
- Fixed a bug where Black Belt Udyrís Bear Stance was not displaying the correct visual textures
- Fixed a bug where Irelia would only receive stacks of her Passive - Ionian Fervor for Champions hit when hitting Champions and minions/monsters simultaneously
- Fixed a bug where Lillia was not receiving the correct among of healing from her Passive - Laden Bough
- Fixed a bug where the sound effects for Asheís W - Volley would stop playing if it was leveled up to Rank 2 on-cast
- Fixed a bug where Gangplankís R- Cannon Barrage would cancel alliesí auto attacks if it was upgraded with Raise Morale
- Fixed a bug where Ekkoís Q - Timewinder tooltip was displaying the incorrect AP ratio
- Fixed a bug where the damage from Jannaís Q - Howling Gale was not correctly factoring in the abilityís base AP ratio
- Fixed a bug where Wukongís E - Nimbus Strike into Q - Crushing Blow combo would fail to stack Conqueror
- Fixed a bug where Turrets would prioritize and target enemies damaged by KogíMawís Passive - Icathian Surprise
- Fixed a bug where Master Yiís Q - Alpha Strike sound effects would sometimes be audible to the enemy team in the Fog of War
- Fixed a bug where Shacoís Passive - Backstab was sometimes audible to the enemy team from the Fog of War
- Fixed a bug where Apheliosí gun swapping and ability sound effects would sometimes be audible from the Fog of War
- Fixed a bug where the sound of Scuttleís shield breaking would play through the Fog of War