Hello Dragon Hatchers!
Do we have a patch for you! 12.9 brings a patchload (and then some) of buffs to chase traits, units, and Dragon Egg hatching! On the cosmetic side of things, I’m looking quite good today, but also looking good—err evil, is Ruined Pengu, who drops alongside a Chibi sale with patch 12.9, more details here. The last thing to cover in our intro are our huge changes to Jayce and Viktor. I lied—the real last thing to cover is our Dev Drop, which will has some VERY big Dragonlands news in it, so give it a watch and let us know what you think!
Rodger "MinionsRpeople2" Caudill
Our latest Dev Drop covers updates to Double Up, spoilers for Dragonlands gameplay and cosmetics, and a moment of reflection on TFT’s growth! Watch it by clicking here or any of the above links for it!
The streets of Neon Nights have been visited by the benevolent Treasure Dragon—just long enough for the dragon to drop a few Eggs and split. Legend has it that this dragon left the world of Dragonlands in search of distant lands in need of equally distributed treasure—could our world be next (please)?
- At the start of the game, every player gets an egg.
- There are 5 different sized eggs. The larger the egg, the more stuff inside but the longer it takes to hatch.
- Every player gets the same size egg.
- Every egg has the same value of contents (though items are different)
- Every egg will contain a Tome of Traits, but bigger eggs will have Components, completed Items, Radiant Item(s), and more!
We’ve changed the odds of various Augment combinations to keep things fresh and fun towards the end of the set.
- Reintroduced Gold/Silver/Silver
- Lowered the odds of a Prismatic for the 3rd augment
- Increased the odds of an all Prismatic game
- Total odds of any Prismatic in game is unchanged
Large, like our changes to Jayce and Viktor.
Metabolic Accelerator provides more value the earlier you get it, especially if you are using it to lessen the pain of loss streaking with Mercs!
- Electrocharge III Damage: 105/135/165/200 ⇒ 115/145/180/220
- Metabolic Accelerator Now only available on 1-4
With everyone getting a Tome of Traits from the Treasure Dragon’s Egg, we’re making sure our chase traits feel worthy of actually chasing. So get out there and make that dream comp happen!
Also me 3 big boys, no pivot.
- Assassin Critical Strike chance: 10/30/50% ⇒ 10/30/60%
- Assassin Critical Strike Damage: 20/40/60% ⇒ 20/40/75%
- Challenger Attack Speed: 25/50/80/150% ⇒ 25/50/85/160%
- Chemtech max Health Healing: 4/8/13/20% ⇒ 4/8/15/25%
- Chemtech Attack Speed: 15/40/80/150% ⇒ 15/40/90/200%
- Colossus NEW: 3 Piece Bonus - Your Colossus gain 800 more HP (for a total of 1600)
- Debonair Health: 200/400/700 ⇒ 200/450/800
- Debonair Ability Power: 20/40/70 ⇒ 20/45/80
- Enchanter Magic Resist: 25/45/70/100 ⇒ 25/50/80/125
- Enchanter Heal & Shield percent increase: 25/50/80/115 ⇒ 25/50/80/125
- Enforcer: NEW: 5 Piece Bonus - Your enforcers gain 80% Attack Speed
- Hextech on-hit magic Damage while shielded: 15/25/45/75 ⇒ 15/30/55/90
- Mercenary: lowered the Gold slightly from 3 and 5 Mercenary in the 0 to 5 loss range
- Mercenary average value of Mercenary (7) Orb: 8.9g ⇒ 11.37g
- Mutant, Bio-leeching Omnivamp: 30/55/80% ⇒ 30/65/100%
- Socialite (1) Damage Bonus: 15% ⇒ 18%
- Syndicate Armor & Magic Resist: 55 ⇒ 50
- Syndicate (7) Multiplier: 55% ⇒ 50%
- Yordle (6) Mana Reduction: 30% ⇒ 33%
Units: Tier 1
1-cost reroll comps go! And a wicked buff for 8 Bodyguard Poppy that’ll pop you back to Galaxies!
- Caitlyn Attack Damage: 45 ⇒ 50
- Caitlyn Ace in the Hole Damage: 800/1400/2000 ⇒ 900/1500/2250
- Camille Defensive Sweep Damage: 150/200/300 ⇒ 200/275/375
- Illaoi Harsh Lesson Damage: 200/325/550 ⇒ 250/375/650
- Illaoi Harsh Lesson percent of damage healed from linked enemy: 25/30/40% ⇒ 30/35/45%
- Jarvan IV Attack Speed: 0.6 ⇒ 0.7
- Jarvan IV Ageless Standard bonus Attack Speed Percent: 40/50/70% ⇒ 40/55/80%
- Poppy Buckler Toss Armor scaling: 180/210/240% ⇒ 180/220/280%
- Twitch Piercing Bolt Damage: 30/50/70 ⇒ 60/70/80
Units: Tier 2
We’re giving a few units this patch a bit more damage at the expense of some crowd control.
Time flies like Robinsongz into Rank 1.
- Sejuani Fury of the North Damage: 275/400/650 ⇒ 300/450/750
- Sejuani Fury of the North Stun Duration: 1.5/2/3 ⇒ 1.5/1.5/2
- Zilean max Mana buff: 40/80 ⇒ 30/70
- Zilean Time Bomb Damage: 250/350/700 ⇒ 275/400/777
- Zilean Time Bomb Stun Duration: 1.5/2/2.5 ⇒ 1.5/1.5/1.5
Units: Tier 3
Making sure every 3-cost unit gets a shot as the carry, because sharing the carrying is truly caring.
All aboard the gain train with your personal trainer, Cho’Gath, whose diet of champions is the diet for champions!
- Cho’Gath Attack Damage: 90 ⇒ 100
- Cho’Gath max Feast stacks: 20/40/999 ⇒ 30/60/999
- Cho’Gath’s size now increases 20% faster. Does not affect his Health growth, he’s just bigger and more menacing
- Gangplank Parrrley Damage: 110/160/225 ⇒ 110/175/275
- Leona VIP Bonus max Health regeneration per unit targeting her: 0.8% ⇒ 1.25%
- Senna Mana buff: 30/80 ⇒ 30/70
- Senna Piercing Darkness percent Healing: 50% ⇒ 60%
- Tryndamere Health: 750 ⇒ 800
- Tryndamere Spinning Slash 3 empowered autos bonus Damage: 20% ⇒ 25%
- Zac max Mana buff: 60/100 ⇒ 50/90
- Zac Yoink! Damage: 300/400/600 ⇒ 300/450/700
Units: Tier 4
Orianna has gone the entire set just being that supportive unit you throw in to hit some complementary traits. With these buffs, we’re giving her the ball to score her own goals instead of just racking up assists, or input sportball reference—idk me gamer.
That Draven Attack Damage buff got me repeating this line out loud.
- Ahri Attack Speed: 0.75 ⇒ 0.8
- Alistar Mana buff: 85/170 ⇒ 80/160
- Alistar Pulverize Damage: 150/250/1000 ⇒ 200/325/1200
- Alistar Pulverize stun duration: 2/2.5/8 ⇒ 1.5/2/8 sec
- Draven Attack Damage: 75 ⇒ 90
- Orianna Health: 750 ⇒ 700
- Orianna Mana buff: 50/130 ⇒ 30/90
- Orianna Attack Speed: 0.75 ⇒ 0.8
- Orianna Command: Shockwave Shield amount: 120/170/600 ⇒ 140/200/700
- Orianna Command: Shockwave Damage: 300/450/1200 ⇒ 325/450/1500
- Vi Piltover Pulverizer Damage: 125/200/500 ⇒ 175/250/600
Units: Tier 5
It’s time to let the monster out…for two more patches.
- Silco Attack Speed: 0.65 ⇒ 0.7
- Silco Unstable Concoction Explosion Damage: 250/500/5000 ⇒ 350/600/5000
Damage over time spells (DOTS) have been able to turn Morellonomicon into a massive damage item and not just a counter to healing. We’re shipping a pretty big nerf to the burn book in hopes players will find other ways to itemize some of the mean girls (Renata Glasc, Ahri, etc.) using it. This is a change that we had originally planned for Dragonlands, but have gone early with it to see just how it will impact our DOT users.
- Morellonomicon Max Health Burn: 20% ⇒ 10%
Small, like the error I made putting our Jayce and Viktor changes in this section—oops!
- Cybernetic Implants Health: 150/250/350 ⇒ 125/200/300
- Cybernetic Shell Health: 150/250/350 ⇒ 125/200/300
- Cybernetic Uplink Health: 150/250/350 ⇒ 125/200/300
- Golden Gifts I/II number of Gray Orbs: 2/3 ⇒ 3/4
- Thieving Rascals low roll (worst case scenario) improved
With the new Dragon Eggs, accessing some of these harder to reach chase traits is a bit easier, so we’re preemptively nerfing their power in response.
- Clockwork base Attack Speed: 10/35/80% ⇒ 10/35/70%
- Scholar Mana regen: 5/12/25 ⇒ 5/15/25
- Innovator Hextech Dragon base Health: 1125 ⇒ 1025
Units: Tier 1
Let’s get flipping.
- Singed Health: 650 ⇒ 700
Units: Tier 2
Warwick is very dependent on his traits for power. With the injection of an extra Tome of Traits we’ve unintentionally buffed Zaun’s cutest pup, which is why we’re shipping a preemptive nerf to keep him on the leash during the final nights of Neon Nights.
- Rek’Sai max Mana buff: 60/80 ⇒ 50/70
- Warwick Eternal Hunger Healing: 35/45/65 ⇒ 30/40/50
Units: Tier 3
- Ekko Parallel Convergeance Damage: 150/200/350 ⇒ 150/200/400
- Malzahar Malefic Visions Damage: 650/900/1025 ⇒ 650/900/1100
Units: Tier 4
- Irelia Bladesurge Damage: 60/90/550 ⇒ 75/100/550
- Sivir Richochet bonus Attack Speed: 45/65/250% ⇒ 30/60/300%
Units: Tier 5
After this nerf, Viktor may need to let Jayce borrow his cane—I mean that is why they call it Ourcane.
As a reminder, Zeri fires 5 bullets per auto, so the damage is actually going up by 10 per auto, which is still small, but should feel a bit better.
- Jayce Health: 1000 ⇒ 999
- Kaisa Mana nerf: 75/150 ⇒ 80/160
- Viktor Health: 850 ⇒ 851
- Veigar Furyhorn Storm Damage: 250/300/777 ⇒ 300/325/777
- Zeri Lightning Crash passive on Hit magic damage: 10/20/40 ⇒ 12/20/40
Previously players could purchase units while reinforcing, but could not manipulate their own bench. This resulted in cases where a player would want to buy champions but could not due to their bench being full and having no way to sell units to make room as you can in standard mode. While not a common occurrence, it was still a pain point we wanted to resolve.
- You can now return to your own board to interact with your bench after reinforcing your partner.
- As a result the unit shop UI is also turned off while you are watching your partner’s board, but it will reappear when you are looking at your own board.
- Ashe Volley Tooltip now correctly states 20% Attack Speed slow