On 11 August 2022, starting from 03:30 AM (GMT +8), ranked queues will be disabled in preparation for patch 12.15. At 05:00 AM (GMT +8), the servers will be shut down and all games currently in progress will end in a draw and stats will not be recorded. We estimate the battlegrounds to be prepped and ready by 08:00 AM (GMT +8).
If you wanna be the very best, catch all your patch changes (and Monster Tamers) here!
In this weekís installment of Patch Notes weíre giving energy based champions a little boost, doing some follow-up fine tuning to Master Yi and Sivir, and buffing up some engage supports. Weíre also tapping down Divine Sunderer and First Strikeís power so they arenít always super effective. Now come with me, the time is right ó itís patch 12.15!
Looking to go on adventures in a different realm? Well check out the TFT patch notes here!
8/22/2022 Mid-Patch Updates
- Fixed a bug where Unleashed Teleport’s cooldown upon transformation would factor its cooldown based on Ability Haste and not Summoner Spell Haste.
8/10/2022 Mid-Patch Updates
- Fixed a bug where Turret damage would not increase with each consecutive shot
- Fixed a bug where Taliyah would not gain stacks on Tear of the Goddess if her W and E were used but did not hit an enemy
W energy restoration and maximum energy bonus increased.
As a system, energy is intended to give champions spikes of power that fall off with extended combat times. Given the current state of the game and more extended fights, champions that use energy as a resource have found it more difficult to find success before their energy depletes (note: this section is repeated for energy users in this patch). In Akaliís case, weíre slightly increasing the amount of energy she gains from her shroud to help her squeeze in an additional ability or two per fight.
W - Twilight Shroud
Q true damage conversion decreased.
Gwenís changes in 12.13 achieved our goals of making it easier for players to lane with her and execute her combos, but they were a bit too effective at the highest levels of play. We intend to keep her identity as a powerful scaler, but weíre trimming just a bit of damage from her late game.
Q - Snip Snip!
Base attack damage decreased.
Kalista has been dominating the bot lane in professional play recently as a powerful early game pick. Weíre bringing down her damage a tad in order to make her a little less oppressive in the very early stages of the game.
W cooldown decreased early, magic damage increased. R ability power scaling increased.
Our electric yordle doesnít have the same energy issues as other champions being adjusted this patch, but has been struggling for entirely different reasons. Shocker. With more durable targets Kennen has found it difficult to establish himself as either a lane bully or a teamfight winner. Weíre putting some more power into his teamfighting identity by increasing his ability to win fights with a slight boost to his W and R damage.
W - Electrical Surge
R - Slicing Maelstrom
Q, W, and E reactivation energy costs decreased.
As a system, energy is intended to give champions spikes of power that fall off with extended combat times. Given the current state of the game and more extended fights, champions that use energy as a resource have found it more difficult to find success before their energy depletes (note: this section is repeated for energy users in this patch). In Lee Sinís case, weíre slightly decreasing the energy he needs so that he has a bit more leeway to recast his spells during combos.
Q - Sonic Wave/Resonating Strike
W - Safeguard/Iron Will
E - Tempest/Cripple
Q mana cost decreased at all ranks. R crowd control duration increased.
Engage supports are currently a bit weaker than where weíd like them to be post-Durability Update. Now that enemies are more likely to survive her engages, weíre giving her a little more power in extended fights and when she can successfully land her skill shots.
Q - Shield of Daybreak
R - Solar Flare
Passive damage cap against monsters increased.
Lilliaís been a bit weak in the jungle at all skill brackets. Weíre giving her some jungle-oriented buffs that should help with her clear speed without her becoming a nightmare in the top lane.
Passive - Dream-Laden Bough
E cooldown no longer decreases with rank.
Master Yi has been doing pretty well with the last set of changes, achieving a relatively equal win rate across various skill levels of play. Heís still a bit stronger than weíd like him to be so weíre taking down his access to his E and true damage, especially in cases where Yi is opting to max E first.
E - Wuju Style
Passive bonus attack damage scaling decreased. First Strike bug removed.
Qiyanaís been the empress of the Rift lately, partly due to a bug which allowed her to proc her passive twice with First Strike. Weíve removed that bug and are nerfing First Strike which should result in an overall nerf, but also taking a little bit of power out of her passive so that sheís a bit less oppressive.
Passive - Royal Privilege
- Fixed a bug where Qiyana could apply an extra proc of her passive with First Strike equipped
R cooldown adjusted, base cast range increased, dash range growth increased, minimum and maximum dash speed increased.
With the 12.14 changes to tank items, Rammus hasnít been rolliní around with the enthusiasm he once had. Weíre opting to return some power to his kit with a few quality of life adjustments to his ultimate to which Rammus would respond by saying ìOK.î
R - Soaring Slam
E passive energy refund increased late.
As a system, energy is intended to give champions spikes of power that fall off with extended combat times. Given the current state of the game and more extended fights, champions that use energy as a resource have found it more difficult to find success before their energy depletes (note: this section is repeated for energy users in this patch). Shen is doing relatively okay in terms of energy efficiency, so weíre just giving him a tiny buff to help him in the late game.
E - Shadow Dash
Passive bonus movement speed increased, per-target cooldown decreased. R bonus stats increased early.
Now that the days of predator Singed mid are behind us, weíre reverting some changes we made to decrease his durability in patch 12.12 and buffing up his passive so that it feels better in teamfights. Now heíll be able to zip around and flip his enemies to his Chem-infused heartís content.
Passive - Noxious Slipstream
R - Insanity Potion
Attack damage growth decreased. E cooldown increased at all ranks. R cooldown increased at all ranks.
Continuing work on Sivirís midscope update, sheís successfully found her spot as a hyper-scaling AOE marksman on the roster. With this set of changes weíre looking to take away a little bit of her late game power and create more windows of opportunity for her opponents to challenge her.
E - Spell Shield
R - On The Hunt
E cooldown increased at all ranks. R wall duration decreased.
Taliyahís Unraveled Earth is a great tool for stalling teamfights and creating a danger zone to scare off opponents. However, itís currently creating a bit too much time for herself and allies. Weíre taking down her ability to cast it quite as frequently, but she should still be able to use it twice or more in late game fights.
E - Unraveled Earth
R - Weaverís Wall
Q cooldown decreased at all ranks, magic damage increased at all ranks.
Like other engage supports, Thresh has been struggling to capitalize on his ability to start fights which really takes the death out of Death Sentence. Weíre lowering the cooldown and increasing the damage so that his hooks are a bit deadlier.
Q - Death Sentence
E energy cost decreased.
As a system, energy is intended to give champions spikes of power that fall off with extended combat times. Given the current state of the game and more extended fights, champions that use energy as a resource have found it more difficult to find success before their energy depletes (note: this section is repeated for energy users in this patch). In Zedís case, weíre lowering the energy cost on his E and giving his shadow a little freedom so it doesnít always need to walk beside him.
W - Living Shadow
E - Shadow Slash
Now that the dust has settled from the Divine Sunderer changes on patch 12.13 itís still performing a bit stronger than weíd like it to. Weíre opting to decrease the amount of healing this item provides to bring it more in line with other mythic options.
Mercurial Scimitar hasnít been as appealing recently given its role as an important itemization option that provides magic resist, critical strike chance, and a built-in cc removal effect. Weíre increasing the benefits that come with this item to make it a little more tempting of an option compared to the other sword items carries can opt for.
While itís not quite as weak as Mercurial Scimitar, Silvermere Dawn is also underperforming as a whole. Weíre opting to increase its defensive capabilities as well, but not quite as much as its counterpart.
First strike has risen to prominence as the go-to choice for burst champions in the current meta. Weíre reining in a bit of its burst potential which should also decrease the amount of gold this Rune can generate.
The Star Guardian event may be ending, but Ultimate Spellbook is sticking around for a little while longer!
Ult-ernate Summoner Spells Buffs
Ult-ernate Summoner Spells Nerfs
The following Ult-ernate Summoner Spells have been updated to match their original champion's functionality:
- Annie R
- Ashe R
- Taliyah R
Added Star Guardian themed particles for the following Ult-ernate Summoner Spells:
- Jhin R
- Orianna R (also updated to match her latest VFX update)
- Janna R
- Miss Fortune R
- Soraka R
- Akali R indicator will now correctly show as on cooldown after R2 cast
- Kaisa R now correctly functions by applying the Plasma indicator on your own auto attacks, or any of your team's Immobilizing effects. Updated tooltip to match its usage.
- Urgot R no longer disables spell slots incorrectly when locked by other sources
- Neeko R no longer turns the owner invisible when dying before the cast finishes
- Ahri R no longer makes Q or W permanently free to cast
- Fix Sylas incorrectly getting permanently stuck with Yone or KhaíZix ultimates after stealing them
- Annie R no longer immediately triggers Dariusís passive
- Fix a visual issue when a transformed Kayn uses Morgana R
- Fix Morgana R missing VFX
- Taliyah R indicator will show as on cooldown after recast or time expiration
- Taliyah R no longer causes a recast indicator on certain champion spells
- Fixed missing translations in tooltips for several Ult-ernate Summoner Spells
Having a premade duo is a slight advantage, and while current Apex Tier (Masters, Grandmaster, and Challenger) players arenít able to duo with anyone, the system only works off current rank. With this change, weíre tightening up the Apex Tier restriction to apply to MMR as well.
The goal of this is to prevent climbing smurfs from being able to duo queue into Apex Tier. That said, decayed Apex Tier players and the highest skilled Diamond I players may also be impacted by this change.
Up until now these players could duo and reliably get into Apex Tier games, which isn't fair when the people they're playing against can't duo. If this change works as expected, we'll evaluate shipping it to the rest of the world with plans to re-evaluate before Season Start.
We first rolled out this change back in patch 12.10 on the NA and KR servers as a trial and the results have been positive, so weíre rolling it out to the rest of the world. From now on, players with an MMR correlating to Master or above will no longer be able to duo queue in Ranked Solo/Duo, even if their rank is not Master or higher.
- Fixed a bug where Yuumi would be unable to use swapped summoner spells from Unsealed Spellbook after using Teleport
- Fixed a bug where Viego would look like a polymorphed champion if he killed and possessed a champion under the effects of Polymorph
- Fixed a bug where BelíVethís E - Royal Maelstrom would not cancel when casting her R - Endless Banquet on an out-of-range Void Coral
- Fixed a bug that caused Nilahís Passive - Perfect Synergy to be audible from the Fog of War
- Fixed a bug that caused Nilahís Passive - Perfect Synergy to trigger with Ocean Drakeís buff
- Fixed a bug where Leblancís W - Distortion was doing slightly less damage at rank 3 than intended
- Fixed a bug where Evelynnís stealth would break after a target she killed entered a Zombie Form and then died again (e.g. Sionís Passive)
- Fixed a bug where single target range indicators would sometimes follow enemies through the Fog of War
- Fixed a bug where Rakan would automatically cast his second E - Battle Dance to an ally after using Flash
- Fixed a bug where Yone could activate abilities while in his Spirit Form while locked in the blast cone knockback cc
- Fixed a bug where Liandryís Lamentís burn effect was not working correctly
- Fixed a bug where Blade of the Ruined King was doing less damage if it was purchased after other items
- Fixed a bug where Swainís second E - Nevermove could pull targets that were in Stasis
- Fixed a bug where Rift Herald would not charge at towers if it spawned next to them