Practice Tool is now live on the League of Legends Beta client. Let's take some time to focus on what it looks like and what you’ll be able to do in it. Let’s get straight into what you can expect from Practice Tool.
At its core, Practice Tool is a place where you can train your mechanics. It’s the training gym where you can go to brush up on your Lv1 last hitting, that early jungle gank route or your Riven mechanics. A simple, straight forward, single-player environment that lets you test out things like checking wall flash points or if you can solo dragon with a certain item build, without wasting hours in Custom Games. As League gains more and more similarities to a sport, it makes sense that there be a place where you can go to shoot hoops!
In particular, we’ve focused on the following areas for practice:
- Champion mechanics and combos
- Jungle practice
- Endless last hitting
- Item build DPS checks
- Map familiarity (ward placement, wall flashes, etc)
Everyone. Whether you’re trying to get from Diamond to Master or just want to figure out how Rumble’s ulti works, we think Practice Tool will serve a gap for you that wasn’t there until now.
We’re launching Practice Tool with the following commands. As you can imagine, there are many other commands that could be added, so we had to make some tough choices about which ones to prioritise first. Using our focus points mentioned above as a guide, we’ve aimed at enabling the basics of League that can help all players. Of course, we’ll also be listening to you guys and adding more as needed to enabling practicing whatever League throws at you in the future.
- Auto-refresh cooldowns
- Auto-refresh HP
- Auto-refresh mana (energy, rage, etc)
- Add gold
- Level up
- Lock level (locks your current EXP level)
- Teleport to target
Game state commands
- Enable/Disable turrets invulnerable
- Disable/enable turret fire
- Disable/enable minions
- Fast forward game time 30sec
- Reset game
- Spawn enemy target dummy
- Spawn allied target dummy
- Remove all spawned target dummies
- Respawn jungle
- Spawn Dragon (can choose)
Let’s get into some example practice scenarios.
Scenario 1: Endless Lv1 last hitting practice
- Start Practice Tool
- Enable turrets invulnerable
- This will prevent minions from accidentally taking the tower.
- Lock level
- This will prevent you from leveling up, so you can keep practicing at Lv1 damage (or whatever level you decide to lock at)
- After shopping, teleport to lane
- Why walk?
- Fast forward the game 90sec to get minions into the lane.
- Why wait?
- Practice endless last hitting!
Scenario 2: Early jungle clear practice
- Start Practice Tool
- After shopping, teleport to your preferred starting camp
- No need to walk
- Fast forward the game 60sec
- No need to wait forever for camp spawns
- Practice your jungle route!
- After a few levels, you can hit “Reset Game” and immediately try again with no loading.
- If you ever want to practice a specific camp, just use the “Respawn jungle” button and force them to respawn over and over.