We listened to feedback from pros and fans, and this December we’re bringing back the All-Star Event in a new format with an emphasis on celebrating the things that fans love about League: the game, the competition, and the community. Get ready for All-Star 2018, an esports event experience like no other.
When and Where?
● Esports Arena, Las Vegas
● December 6-8
We’re excited to host the 2018 All-Star Event at the Esports Arena in Las Vegas. While live attendance space will be somewhat limited, the venue allows us to offer a unique broadcast and live show as compared to our NA LCS studio shows. It also gives us an opportunity to provide the attending All-Stars with an awesome Las Vegas experience to celebrate the end of their competitive year.
All-Star will take place on December 6-8 and ticket sales information will be published in the next few weeks. We’ve packed a ton of action into just three days to ensure that every minute of All-Star is entertaining and filled with can’t-miss moments, while providing minimal disruption to our All-Star’s offseasons. Check out a preview of what’s in store below.
Who will be attending from global regions?
A pool of approximately 64 All-Stars including:
● 2 pros from each competitive region, as voted by fans
● 2-3 League Partners (streamers, prominent LoL community members, etc.) from each region, selected from the League Partner Program
● 4 pro player “All-Star Invitees”, chosen by Riot after the conclusion of the fan vote
We want All-Star to be an event for the entire League community, so in addition to pros we’ll be inviting a few select members of the League Partner Program from each competitive region. These could be some of your favorite streamers, cosplayers, content creators, and more. The full roster of partners who will be participating in All-Star will be announced shortly before the start of the event.
We also want to make sure that this feels like a globally inclusive event that every fan across the world can enjoy. For this reason we’ll be bringing participants (both pros and partners) from all 14 of our competitive regions. Here’s how those pros will be chosen:
● Fans will vote for two pros from their regional league to send to All-Star
○ Pros will eligible in the region which they played during the most recent competitive split
○ Pool of eligible candidates will be limited to 20 of the most prominent pros from each region
○ At least one pro from each team and at least two pros of each role will be included in the pool of candidates
● Fans may cast votes for other regions as well, however, foreign votes will be weighted to make up no more than 20% of the total vote within any given region
● Top 2 vote-getters (regardless of team or role) in each region will be invited to participate in All-Star
In addition to the 28 fan-voted pros, we’ll retain four invitational slots to fill the remaining slots in the 32-person bracket. These will be selected after voting ends and announced before the start of the event.
Who will be attending from SEA Tour?
You’ll be voting who gets to attend from SEA Tour! In securing both first and second place at Globe Conquerors Manila (GCM) 2018, Thailand’s dominance in the SEA region is clear. We are proud to have them represent us at ASE 2018.
How does voting work for SEA Tour?
● Proceed to ASE 2018 SEA Tour voting form here, before voting ends on 11:59 PM 16th Oct 2018
● Insert your Garena UID
● Select your 1st and 2nd choice (make sure your choices are different!)
● Provide the region where you play League of Legends
● Hit submit and your vote is on the way!
● At end of the voting period, the winners will be announced on the LoL website
● 2 players will be selected from the total votes from all of Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore, with equal weighting
● Ineligible and repeated votes will be excluded
● Votes are submitted with a valid Garena UID that is created before Oct 12th 2018
● Votes are submitted from a UID who has played League of Legends from any SEA Tour region (Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore)
● Votes for 1st and 2nd choice are different players (votes with the same player as both choices will be disqualified)
● Last submitted vote from your UID will be your final vote
What will they be playing?
● All-Star 1v1 Tournament
● Charity 2v2 Tournament
● Regional Rivalry Show Matches
● East vs West Bo5
● Mixed-Team Alternate Game Modes
This year’s All-Star format has been redesigned to deliver three days of fast-paced competition and there’s guaranteed to be something for everyone:
● All-Star 1v1 Tournament- All 32 pro players will participate in the 2018 All-Star 1v1 tournament. Whether they try-hard or troll will be up to them, but there’s a pretty sick Draven trophy and title of 2018 1v1 Champion on the line
● All-Star Charity 2v2 Tournament- New to All-Star 2018, we’ll see pros and Partners pair up and compete in 2v2 matches on the Howling Abyss. They’ll be playing for a charitable donation in their name to a cause of their choosing (with guidance from the Riot Karma Initiative)
● Regional Rivalry Show Matches- This All-Star twist on regional rivalries will feature teams comprised of both pros and Partners. Matchups will include NA vs EU, China vs Korea, and more!
● East vs West All-Star Showdown- Another new addition this year is our East vs West All-Star showdown. We’ll create teams of Eastern and Western pros to compete in a set of three games, with players rotating out after each game in the set
● Mixed-Team Alternate Game Modes- Finally, throughout each day we’ll have mixed-teams participating in alternate game modes. Stay tuned for a lineup of game modes to be announced in tandem with other details, just before the event. It’s gonna be an all-out blitz.
Based on this year’s participants and format, we think All-Star 2018 be our best All-Star Event ever. We’re excited for League fans around the world to tune in and celebrate an amazing year in League and League esports. It’s bound to be full of surprises including a few sneak peeks and spotlights of new League content. Fans will see what the pros can do with a colorful and curious new addition to the rift, get an early look at what this year’s Snowdown has in store, and more. Stay tuned for more details.