On 5 April 2018, starting from 03:30 AM (GMT +8), ranked queues will be disabled in preparation for patch 8.7. At 05:00 AM (GMT +8), the servers will be shut down and all games currently in progress will end in a draw and stats will not be recorded. We estimate the battlegrounds to be prepped and ready by 12:00 PM (GMT +8).
To get yourself caught up with all the buffs and nerfs this round, read up the Patch notes below.
Welcome to patch 8.7, the one where we
nerf Irelia. Sorry, I'm being told that's update Irelia. Everyone's favorite Blade Dancer is hitting the Rift with a new model and kit.
We're also following up on the Duskblade changes from last patch, visiting the assassins who were affected more—or less—than we'd expected.
Finally, we're hitting Ninja Tabi. Those boots had taken over as the dominant choice, and while that makes sense on tanks, it's a bit concerning when they're such a compelling purchase for marksmen as well.
So hop out on the Rift, and remember, GLHF,
Irelia, the Blade Dancer, will be updated in patch 8.7! Commence the performance by dancing over to these links:
Irelia and her skins have all received updated splash art, available on League Displays!
Q ability power ratio increased. W ability power ratio increased. W damage reduction scales with ability power. W damage reduction duration decreased.
Like with Galio, we think it's cool when Gragas is able to feel good about building ability power when he gets ahead. He could use some more strength anyway right now, so we're giving him a bit more room to build aggressively.
Q - Barrel Roll
W - Drunken Rage
Spider Q base damage increased. Human E cooldown decreased at early ranks.
Elise is a historic jungle staple, but we haven't spied her on the Rift in a while. Some more venom in her bite and a few more cocoons—her bread and butter abilities—should get her back on two feet again. Or eight.
Q - Venomous Bite
E - Cocoon
W healing increased.
A melee champion who likes to build semi-squishy needs more durability in his kit if he's going to cut it in a sustained teamfight. More healing from W should help Hecarim turn his trot into a gallop some games.
W - Spirit of Dread
W cast range increased. Daisy acquires targets more aggressively. Daisy's area of effect damage reduction now also applies to damage from epic monsters.
The preseason changes overall made clearing jungle camps easier. With how much strength Ivern has tied up in his unique clear mechanic, this has left him feeling a bit underwhelming. We're always concerned with where we put power on Ivern's kit, so we're starting with some feel-good changes, and we'll follow up with more in future patches if need be.
Q - Rootcaller
W - Brushmaker
R - Daisy!
Q base damage increased.
This is a pretty significant power increase for Karthus, but he could use it. He currently gets pushed around in lane, so we're looking to put some strength into his trading.
Q - Lay Waste
Passive gains more points early, fewer points later.
Kayn's passive—specifically the way it ramps up over time—means that a lot of Kayn's early actions feel less impactful than they should. First, the low number of points he gets early on makes early ganking and fighting a lot less worthwhile than it should be. Second, the high number of points he gets later on means that his later fights matter so much that they too easily outweigh the earlier ones. We're moving around some of that point accrual so that his actions in the early game matter more.
Passive - The Darkin Scythe
Q - Reaping Slash
Leona's attack reset makes attack damage pretty valuable for her, so we're shifting that to being her default adaptive stat.
R cooldown refund on kill increased at early ranks; also triggers on enemy champions who die shortly after being hit by Final Spark.
When we added the cooldown refund on Lux's ultimate, we wanted to give her a more streamlined path to snowball a lead into a win. At the moment, that takes too long to kick in.
R - Final Spark
Attack damage growth increased. E ratio increased. R cooldown decreased.
Malphite is definitely a sedimentary rock champion: He has layers. Some players build him tanky, others build ability power, and some even build Trinity Force. At the moment he's underperforming, and we're looking to give him power that suits all of his builds.
E - Ground Slam
R - Unstoppable Force
Bonus attack damage while on Q trail increased.
The Duskblade changes hit Nocturne harder than we expected, so we're giving him some more damage.
Q - Duskbringer
R initial movement speed buff decreased.
As players have started to pick up Predator it's become clear that, in tandem with its active, his R is too consistent an engagement tool.
R - Ragnarok
Fixed several bugs related to R.
R - Behind Enemy Lines/Skystrike
Base attack damage increased. Rengar's Q no longer causes him to sometimes cancel his actions.
We've been tweaking Rengar since the revert of his Q (and the changes to Duskblade). He's almost there, but he still needs a bit more power in his early game.
Q damage increased at early ranks; damage to minions adjusted to be roughly unchanged.
Rumble could use more trading strength, but we don't want to give him too much waveclear in return.
Q - Flamespitter
Health growth decreased. E stun duration decreased at later ranks.
Sejuani is supposed to be the tank who excels in skirmishes and is slightly less strong in longer teamfights, but her high crowd control and durability makes her pretty solid at the latter as well.
E - Permafrost
Q bonus damage ratio reduced; window to proc bonus damage and cooldown reduction effect reduced.
Last patch gave Deceive a lot more power to compensate for the Duskblade changes. It was a bit much, so this patch we're tightening up the window in which he can use that power.
Q - Deceive
Q cooldown increased at early ranks. Q base damage decreased.
Oops. Swain has finally hit the "too strong" point, so it's time to reduce some of his baseline power.
Passive - Ravenous Flock
Q - Death's Hand
Warwick's Q no longer sometimes deals damage twice.
Q - Jaws of the Beast
Q damage falloff to units beyond first decreased.
The Duskblade update hit Zed harder than expected, so we're giving back some of the strength we took away last patch.
Q - Razor Shuriken
Guinsoo's Rageblade is pretty overtuned for its price after the update, so we're re-upping the gold cost to make sure it hits the game at a more appropriate time.
Shield base and per-level scaling decreased; bonus health ratio increased early, decreased late. Shield cooldown increased; shield stacking penalties are harsher.
Locket is really strong right now, crowding out other options for support or jungle tanks, so we're toning down the strength of the shield significantly.
Armor decreased. Basic attack damage reduction increased.
Ninja Tabi have become a ubiquitous purchase recently. It's fine when tanks pick up Ninja Tabi—after all, their core job is to tank damage—but when marksmen are buying them, it's probably a bit much. We want Ninja Tabi to remain a core purchase for tanks who need to be able to take punishment from marksmen and other basic-attackers, but less for marksmen who just want some armor to survive against assassins.
Large champions no longer become bigger than their item auras.
Some champions got so big that they covered the whole space of their auras, rendering them pretty pointless to purchase. For those champions, the auras now increase in size alongside the champions. You'll notice that Frozen Heart isn't in here; no champion ever got big enough to invalidate that aura.
- Bami's Cinder, Sunfire Cape, Forgefire Cape, and Enchantment: Cinderhulk
- Abyssal Mask and Infernal Mask
- Righteous Glory's proximity check
Relic Shield Line
Passive gold generation down.
Relic Shield is still slightly overperforming compared to the other support items.
Remnant of the Aspect
Path bonus grants lower health early; more late.
The early burst of tankiness Resolve gives is a bit much early durability. We're taking some of its early game power out and shifting it to late game.
Hitting enemy champions with spells grants maximum mana, up to 10 times. Once max stacks have been reached, Manaflow Band restores missing mana every 5 seconds.
Manaflow Band has quietly been one of the strongest runes—on the champions who use it best. To make it more accessible, we're tying its variance to game skill and landing spells, not the cost of those spells.
Presence of Mind
Enemy takedowns restore 20% of your maximum mana and refund 10% of your ultimate's cooldown.
Presence of Mind is extremely valuable on some champions and barely noticeable on others. Specifically, champions with long cooldowns can't benefit from its current effect, so we're moving it back to a more generic power that is consistent across all champions.
Underpicked and underperforming.
We're looking to up the damage this brings against full-durability champions.
Zombie Ward's double vision whammy, providing vision when you've just taken it away, is too good when its users get ahead.
Currently being outperformed by other competing runes.
Melee minions and cannons worth more gold. Caster minions worth less gold.
Cannons are natural focal points for the game: little mini-objectives to fight over. We're making them worth a bit more gold—and a bit harder to kill—to up the ante.
Keeping super minion gold equal to siege minions.
The amount of damage red buff adds to a jungler's ability to push a tower after a successful gank is pretty high, and that can make the difference between a tower killed and a tower at half health. There's not much gameplay around this distinction; it was just sometimes escalating how quickly towers fell, so we're removing it.
With voice chat out in the wild, we’re doing some quality of life buffs based on your feedback. And no, not your mic feedback.
The fixes are: Better audio notifications when players join your party or unmute themselves, decoupled voice controls from the scoreboard, and an auto-mute when you are afk.
- Fixed a bug where Circlet of the Iron Solari (Ornn's Locket of the Iron Solari upgrade) would not grant shields to units affected by a recent cast of Locket or Circlet of the Iron Solari
- Birdio no longer has redundant white trail VFX after using E- Justice Punch
- Birdio's Q - Winds of War fade out VFX are no longer misplaced when ability is cast from lower to higher elevation change
- Cassiopeia now correctly plays the on-hit VFX for her basic attacks
- Blood Lord Vladimir's idle blood orb VFX have been restored
- Night Hunter Rengar's player screen once again has a blue overlay when R - Thrill of the Hunt is active
- SKT Nami's recall signature has been restored
- Star Guardian Ahri's base joke no longer plays if there's an enemy Ahri on the opposite team
- DJ Sona's Concussive form VO lines are no longer cut off when played
- Uncle Ryze's eagle screech can once again be heard when he uses R - Realm Warp
- Classic, Spellthief, Sorceress, Commando, and Imperial Lux skins once again have their shiny staff VFX!
- Dreadnova Darius' recall VFX have been restored
- Gun Goddess Miss Fortune's leg no longer stretches during several animations
- Gun Goddess Miss Fortune's arms are no longer weighted improperly during her dance animation
- Pizza Delivery Sivir no longer uses classic VFX and SFX when using her auto attacks
- Pizza Delivery Sivir's auto attack projectile is no longer misaligned
- Sweetheart Rakan and base Rakan's R - Grand Entrance has been optimized, which will eliminated reported frame drops
- The chain anchors in Hextech Alistar's recall animation no longer change positions if Passive - Triumphant Roar is triggered while recalling
- Lunar Empress Lux once again has her light VFX on death
- When in a mirror match, the opposing Singed no longer steals Beekeeper Singed's E - Fling VFX
- Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath's maw is no longer rigged improperly when using his emotes
- Bard no longer T-poses when laughing
- Snow Day Bard and Elderwood Bard no longer use base VFX when placing W - Caretaker's Shrine
- Bard and Bard Bard are no longer missing approach lines when clicking on E - Magical Journey to enter the portal
- Sir Kled's weapon textures are no longer misaligned on his blade
- The back side of Wildfire Zyra's Thorn Spitters' leaves are now fully textured
- Seam lines have been minimized on Cottontail Teemo, Urf Kench, Worldbreaker Nasus, Oktoberfest Gragas, Perseus Pantheon, and Viscero Xin Zhao
- Weighting has been adjusted on Meowkai's chin to avoid a weird texture break
- Lord Darius' loincloth texture is now more consistent across various graphics settings
- Radiant Wukong no longer keeps a stone overlay once reviving
- Radiant Wukong's homeguard animation has been restored
- Snow Day Graves' W - Smoke Screen on-ground indicator now properly renders over elevation change
- Riot Graves’ visor is now fully opaque
The following emotes will be released in patch 8.7:
New "cosmetics only" chests (225 RP each, 1125 RP for a bundle of 5 (plus bonus essence), or 2250 RP for a bundle of 10 (plus bonus essence) will be made available in the store.